Thursday, January 27, 2011

CT review

I took the opportunity to test the multi-rider CompuTrainer at Jen Segger's new facility tonight.

Overall, I think it offers a solid workout and would recommend that you give it a try during the trial period as the system is being tested.

We covered about 30km in an hour on an up and down course somewhere in Europe. It was a good workout. We didn't hammer ourselves and in any event, you can go as hard or as easy as you choose.

There was a lot of data to assess including speed, average speed, wattage, average wattage etc. I've never known how many watts I push and it was interesting to see.

I can see adding one or two of these sessions a month to my training schedule similar to running on the treadmill.

There's a very long list of athletes who swear by the CompuTrainer.

You can try them again next week - $10 for 90 minutes, for now - on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. I've already signed up for another Thursday spin.

- Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment